Sunday, September 28, 2014

Unreliable Narrator

  I was on a train to see my parents.  I was nervous because they don't really think much of me. I could not hold a job, a friend, and they said I was off.  Whatever that means.  How am I off, I don't really do anything wierd, I think.  They call me crazy but I don't go around screaming or doing anything else stupid.
   Anyway a bald bearded man boarded the train and sat next to me."Good morning."
   He didn't reply he was looking at his watch.  He didn't even look up.  Could he not hear me.
   "Hello?"
   He looked forward, but not at me.  All the other passengers were looking at me wierdly, I think.  I laughed hard.  I always do it in times like this for no reason.  Its usually not even funny, I think.  He looked at me seeing everybody else was.
   He saw me laughing and gave me a look of disgust.  "What's your problem?" I said.  He did not answer.  This was getting annoying.  I wanted to slap him.  It was as if he was playing a sick joke on me for his own amusement.  In his disgust I can see him trying to hold in the laughter.  What a jerk.  I can't wait to get off this train and... hey are there candies for sale at the front of the train.  I want some.
   This is when his stupid joke will really be annoying.  "Excuse me."
   He moved I could not believe it. I was going to say something but I forgot.  Too focused on the candy I wanted.  Do I want mints or gummies.  I come back with both tummies and mints since the decision was to difficult.  The man is now on a laptop.
  "Excuse me," I said.  No response of course.  "Excuse me!?" A lot of people looking my way again, I think.  No response.  What a jerk.  "EXCUSE ME!!!!" he looked up with a look of pain on his face.  He moved.  I could not figure it out. Its like... these gumies are really good.  I like the orange ones most; wait what was I thinking about.  I hate it when I do this.
   Apparently we were halfway there.   Its been an hour and this guy won't budge.  A lady came by with coffee, asks the man if he want train No reply.
   "Don't bother he's being a jerk," I said.  Wow, this guy is mean.  He looks at me while looking out the window.  "What's your problem, are you pretending to not hear us."  No reply.  I can't take it I'm done.  I went to sleep.
   I'm awoken by the jerk.  He was poking me gesturing the train was here, I think.
   I took a taxi to my parents' place.  It was a nice quiet house in with a forest on three sides of it.  At least that's what I remember.  When I got there my parents treated me like I was stupid.  I wasn't.  I don't know why they did.  They made sure to give me directions of where to put the thats when I was done.  I laughed hysterically at this.  Why am I laughing.  This isn't funny.  I got up to go to the bathroom bit walked into the door on the way.  Maybe thats why... no of course not.  Everybody has these moments a the time like me, I think.  When I finally washed my hands I realized I went in the trash. Oops.  Not again.  I did this at the hospital, I think.  I decided to empty the trash into the toilet.  I flushed the toilet and watched the toilet clogg.  Maybe there is an issue... no I'm perfectly normal.  Happens all the time, I think.
   When I leave the bathroom the bathroom my mom talks about her experiences at the school for the deaf she works at.  "I'm expecting a former student tonight," she said.
   Oh great.  They are the worst.  Hopefully he doesn't pretend like the jerk.  I started laughing again.  Why? I don't know.  Just happens.  Even annoys me because I've done it so much today.
   Later tonight, before dinner,  the bell rings.  I walk into the door before I remember to open it.  When I finnaly manage to open it, a bald bearded man is at the door.  "Good evening!" he says in a strange tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment