Monday, October 6, 2014

One Act Play

Characters:
Jim-    mental patient
Rick-   Jim's best friend
Mary-  Random teenager

Jim and Rick are walking down a street of a small town close to dark on a spring day.

Rick: So... Did you get that job yet?
Jim: Um... No... I didn't get that job. Laughing
Rick: I'm sorry.
Jim: It' okay you get yours?  Laughing hard
Rick: Yeah, I got to go tomorrow. I won't be able to see you but maybe later in the week.
Jim: Ha don't worry 'bout me it's all chill.  Giggling
Rick: Jokingly What you laughing at, ha.
Jim: I dunno.
Mary: Bumping into Rick  What's your problem?
Rick: Mine, what's yours?
Mary: You.  Thanks fer askin'.
Jim:  Ya'll know each other?
Rick and Mary: No!
Jim: Sorry I-
Mary: Shu'up nobody asked you.
Rick: Hey, he's my friend don't you dare speak to him like that.
Mary: Really what you gunna do?  You got to really have low standards to like him.  Just look at 'em.
Rick: You say one more thing about him your family will be burying you tomorrow!
Mary: Your an idiot just like him. Jim starts to sob
Rick: You shut up you piece of crap! Jim sobbing more while frightened
Mary: You baby shu'up!
Rick: Trying to hold it in I told you this is your last chance go away.
Mary: Make me!
Rick infuriated clenches his first and thrusts one at her nose.  Mary falls on her butt. Jim screams, cries and runs off.
Rick: What nothing else to add?  You sure? Thought so.
Jim: Walks back to Rick in a nervous fashion  Why did ya' do that?  She-
Rick: She made fun of you, she deserved it.
Jim: Let's go before the lady wakes up.
Rick: Lady?

No comments:

Post a Comment