Monday, October 20, 2014

Post Script

   According to The Plot Sickens most students tested with writing a story when the first two sentences given, the endings are sad and or tragic.  Mine was, too, but for other reasons besides culture.  The only aspect effected by my culture where military is often thought of and advanced is the implicit telling of an airborne operation.  It ends with saying few will survive, but not because I wanted them to die.  Most might have lived if I was to continue the story.  Originally, I was going to do a story of an average plane ride.  This of course would be boring especially because it was explicit as in nothing for the audience to figure themselves.  I realized I could make the children low level soldiers and the outnumbered adults officers and generals.  Also, seeing they are an airborne division I had them heroically jump to battle.  There was little time left in class to complete the draft so instead of saying they all lived and make you happy, I showed how war really is, there is one victor.  In this story it obviously was not the Americans which I made the gloomy fog show.  This is why the fog "thickened and grew darker" as the soldiers thought of it more.  This is how my story is not really like what the author says.
   However, I see how she came to her conclusion.  Many children are influenced by culture.  This is how many people come to conclusions of others too.  Children as they grow like to play as if they were in the army.  They also find other violent aspect of life interesting.  If they are to grow up with violence, drugs, or alcohol around them, they will most probably incorporate it in their writing like the students.  Therefore, as I agree with the author of The Plot Sickens, although, my story is an exception.  

No comments:

Post a Comment